2016 Demo Derby Date: September 17 – Rainout Date October 1
Demo Derby Promoter for 2016- Young N Wreckless.
Questions or clarifications, contact Shawn McCollum @ 859-553-0951.
Big car stock rules:
1. Any year car besides 2003 and newer ford, linc, merc products. Hearses and imperials.
2. Doors, hoods and trunk lids must be wired or chained only. 6 spots on the good and trunk and 6 spots on each door
3. Motor may be swapped to drivers preference but can have lower cradle only NO other protectors!
4. The engine may be welded in but only to the k member, and excessive welding on the engine and you will cut it
5. You may run any 5 lug rear end rear end may have a brace but CANNOT be anywhere near frame, brace the rearend only!
6. Any wheel and tire
7. Bumpers and bumper shocks (factory shocks only) may be welded on but has to be a factory car bumper and CONNOT be loaded.
8. You are allowed a 4 point cage with roll bar that must go straight up, the cage cannot connect to the frame ANYWHERE. You can have a floating has tank holder not a protector. Must be 8 inches away from rear package tray.
9. Trunk lid must have two 8 inch holes in each side.
10. You can run a slip shaft
11. Trans coolers and oil coolers are ok but must not strengthen the car in any way
12. Front windshield bar is manditory but must stop at the windshield rubber, 1 bar only 3in 1/4 max. If it’s used to reinforce the car it will be cut and you can use 9 wire.
13. Body bolts may be switched but can use 1/2 max only. Can replace the core support mount with a 3 inch spacer 2×2 Max diameter but still has to be bolted with 1/2 and CONNOT go all the way through the core support.
14. You will be allowed 1 patch plate per rail 3×3 1/4 max no extra!
Mini car rules:
1. Front wheel drive cars are to be no longer then 110 in wheel base, rear wheels drive cars are to be no longer then 105in
2. No amc’s or any 4wd vehicle
3. Motor swaps and rear end swaps are allowed. Must be 4 or 6cyl engines
4. You may run a motor cradle only nothing else, and it can be no wider then the engine. If it acts as a brace to the frame rails you won’t pass. No trans braces
5. You may run a rear end brace but it also is to brace the rear end only, not the rails or body.
6. You may have a floating 4 point cage that has to be 5 inches away from firewall, trans tunnel and floor pan. You can have a gas tank holder that must be 5 inches away from rear sheet metal. Rear bar can be no further back then 12 inches from the post. That goes for door bars as well.
7.any wheel and tire is ok
8. Leaf spring cars must have factory leafs or factory replacements for that car. No home made leafs or flat stacked they don’t come from the factory like that!
9. Doors may be welded 6 on 6 off all the way around on the outside only.
10. Trunk may be welded 6 on 6 off and may be pushed down but 1/4’s must still be standing with two 8×8 holes cut on the outer part of the trunk lid.
11. Must use a factory mini car hood and you may bolt it with 3/4 in all thread but it must NOT go through any part of the frame “sheetmetal only”. You may also weld four pieces of angle no longer than 3 inches no bigger then 2×2 angle on the fender/hood and put a bolt through it. So you will have 6 hold downs total.
12. You may either run a OEM bumper shock or a piece of 2inch round or square tubing. 8 inches max. If you choose to run a stock shock you can only weld 8 inches of it. No bolting either!
13. On W bodies do not remove the factory rubber or re bolt it.
14. You may convert any engine to carb style.
15. Roll over bar must go straight up and cannot be connected.
16. Hoods must be open for inspection
17. Radiators must be in original location
18. On your frames you can have 4 patch plates total 1 per rail. 2×4 1/4 max size anywhere you want them but only 1 per rail!!! That’s on fresh and pre ran cars
19. You may any factory car style bumper.
20. No seam welding of any kind, no shaping or creasing frame.
21.trans coolers and oil coolers are allowed but must not be made to strengthen the car in any way.
22. Car has to have atleast 1 in bounce
23. If you have a rusty frame or need sheetmetal patched you must send pictures but there will be very limited options for both!!
24. No shortening of cars what so ever!!
25. You may run a slip shaft
26. Sway bar must remain stock or you can just take it off.