2017 Demo Derby Dates:
June 17 & September 17 Start time: 7:30 pm – Pits Open: 2 pm
General Admission – 5 pm: $7
Demo Derby Promoter for 2017- Young N Wreckless.
Questions or clarifications, contact Shawn McCollum @ 859-553-0951.
1. Any car 1966 or newer except imperials and suicides.
2. Engine and drivetrain must match the make of the car (ford to ford chevy to chevy) you may run a chevy engine in a Buick olds or Pontiac the same as you can run a ford engine in a Lincoln or mercury. Yes you can run carbureted engines in bubble style cars.
3. 5 lug rear ends only
4. You may run aftermarket shifter, gas pedal and you may have a trans cooler but it must be just the cooler not in a ice chest or have a electric fan on it.
5. You may cut the firewall out for clearance issues
6. You may have tried a 4 point cage with roll bar, all bars bust be at least 8 inches from any floor pan.
7. No gas tank protectors
8. You may weld your bumpers (weld then good but don’t get excessive and add material)
9. Bumpers are interchangeable but must be a car bumper and nothing home made.
10. Doors, hood and trunk must be wired or chained only. 6 on the hood, 6 on the trunk and 6 on each door.
11. Run and wheel and tire of choice
12. You must have a 12×12 hole cut in the hood if your not running upright headers
13. Suspension must bounce, nothing solid but you can use twist ins or stuff the shocks to get ride height.
14. Fenders may be cut for tire clearance.
15. You can cut as much as you want to on the car that’s taking away, not adding.
16. No slipshafts
2017 mini car rules
1. Front wheel drive cars are to be no longer then 110 in wheel base, rear wheels drive cars are to be no longer then 105in
2. No amc’s or any 4wd vehicle
3. Motor swaps and rear end swaps are allowed. Must be 4 or 6cyl engines
4. You may run a motor cradle only nothing else, and it can be no wider then the engine. If it acts as a brace to the frame rails you won’t pass. No trans braces
5. You may run a rear end brace but it also is to brace the rear end only, not the rails or body.
6. You may have a floating 4 point cage that has to be 5 inches away from firewall, trans tunnel and floor pan. You can have a gas tank holder that must be 5 inches away from rear sheet metal. Rear bar can be no further back then 12 inches from the post. That goes for door bars as well.
7.any wheel and tire is ok
8. Leaf spring cars must have factory leafs or factory replacements for that car. No home made leafs or flat stacked they don’t come from the factory like that!
9. Doors may be welded 6 on 6 off all the way around on the outside only.
10. Trunk may be welded 6 on 6 off and may be pushed down but 1/4’s must still be standing with two 8×8 holes cut on the outer part of the trunk lid.
11. Must use a factory mini car hood and you may bolt it with 3/4 in all thread but it must NOT go through any part of the frame “sheetmetal only”. You may also weld four pieces of angle no longer than 3 inches no bigger then 2×2 angle on the fender/hood and put a bolt through it. So you will have 6 hold downs total.
12. You may either run thE OEM bumper shock for that make and model car or a piece of 2inch round or square tubing. 8 inches max. If you choose to run a stock shock you can only weld 8 inches of it. No bolting either!
13. On W bodies do not remove the factory rubber or re bolt it.
14. You may convert any engine to carb style.
15. Window bars (2) are to be no bigger then 2×2 or 3in x 1/2 flat bar. 4×4 1/4 mounting plate on the roof and deck lid area. If they are made to strengthen the car in any way they will be cut. Roll over bar must go straight up and cannot be connected.
16. Hoods must be open for inspection
17. Radiators must be in original location
18. On your frames you can have 4 patch plates total 1 per rail. 2×4 1/4 max size anywhere you want them but only 1 per rail!!! That’s on fresh and pre ran cars
19. You may any factory car style bumper. It can be loaded or you may have a home made bumper no bigger then 4×6 1/4 material. Back bumpers must remain stock but can load the inside.
20. No seam welding of any kind, no shaping or creasing frame.
21.trans coolers and oil coolers are allowed but must not be made to strengthen the car in any way.
22. Can weld your struts solid
23. If you have a rusty frame or need sheetmetal patched you must send pictures but there will be very limited options for both!!
24. No shortening of cars what so ever!!
25. You may run a slip shaft
26. Sway bar must remain stock or you can just take it off.
Mini Truck/ Mini Van Rules
1. You can weld any car bumpers on and you can have homemade bumper shocks 8 inches long. You can add metal to front bumper only on the inside.
2. You can weld 4 bar floating cage and have a roll over bar. 6′” material max.
3. Motor and trans. can’t have any protectors!
4. 4 or 6 cylinder only. NO slider drive shafts.
5. Wire all doors and trunks 6 spots, 2 strands only. Not permitted around frame. Tailgates can be dropped down.
6. Any tires and wheels.
7. Move battery to floor board and gas tank to bed or back. It must be secured! You can have a gas tank protector.
8. NO 4 DOOR trucks!!
9. NO full size SUV’S!
10. NO 4X4’S at all.
11. No frame or body creasing!
12. You can weld rear ends.
13. You must remove all glass and plastic
14 The suspension must have travel. It cannot be solid.
15. All other components must be factory to the vehicle you are running.
IT IS A STOCK CLASS! ONLY CHANGE OR DO THESE THINGS! Anything outside the rules you won’t run.
All Young -N-Wreckless decisions are final.
Mini Car Circle Track Rules
1. Remove all glass and plastic from car.
2. Car must be less than 109 inch wheel base, no altering wheel base to fit.
3. 4 or 6 cylinder only.
4. If running a stock gas tank it must be in front of the rear wheels.
5. You can build a homemade bumper but it can’t be wider than the front of the car and it has to be built safely! No points, sharp edges, or leaning of the bumper permitted. Must be straight up and down.
6. It is a race not a derby! You will be DQ’ed if not racing.
7. No wheel protectors outside the wheels.
8. No sharp or pointed pieces outside the car that is unsafe.
9. No 4×4 or all wheel drives!
10. Drivers door plating is permitted.
Decisions of Young-N-Wreckless Promotions are final!
If the rules don’t say do it then don’t do it. If you got a question about something feel free to ask!! Call or text 859-553-0951